Gino Johnson, CPA
Gino Johnson, CPA has over 36 years of accounting experience. His focus is on tax compliance and controversy issues , but he also provides management advisory services to clients. As the former managing partner of the firm, he brings real world experience in advising clients on how to grow their company.
Gino began his accounting career at the Internal Revenue Service where he worked in both the collection and audit divisions for 6 years. After leaving the Internal Revenue Service he joined a large local firm that eventually merged with the international accounting firm of Laventhol & Horwath. During his time at Laventhol & Horwath, he was able to broaden his knowledge of the tax code to include planning for high net worth individuals as well as structuring tax advantaged transactions. After Laventhol and Horwath dissolved he remained in the Indianapolis area joining with other former partners and employees to create a local firm with deep technical knowledge. He became a partner at PSW in 1993 and served for many years as the managing partner. His client base encompasses a wide variety of industries as well as not for profit organizations and high net worth individuals. Gino currently serves as Principal Emeritus with PSW.
Education and Associations
He holds a Bachelor of Science from Purdue University and did post graduate work in accounting at both IUPUI and Butler University. Gino is a licensed CPA in the state of Indiana. His membership and affiliations include:
- Indiana CPA Society
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- National Association of Tax Professionals
- Advisory Board of ABATE of Indiana
- Member of the board of directors of C.L.A.S.S Education Inc
- Advisor board of Lawrence County Recreational Park
- Member of the Board of Directors of Nickle Plate Arts, Inc.
- Member of the board of directors of the Miracle Ride Foundation, Inc